RMA voted "2012 Best of Denton"!
Click here for article (pdf)
Lincoln Durham in Concert @ RMA!
Lincoln Durham is coming to Reding Martial Arts on May 19 at 8:30! Only $25 - contact Mark at 940-891-6000 or email@example.com to get your tickets! Click here for concert poster (pdf).
Mark and Nick Reding have been promoted to Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu! Congratulations!
Mark Reding, in 1991 at the age of 13, started training in the martial arts under an instructor named Mike Woodson where he earned his 1st degree black belt in Shorin-Ryu Karate in 1995. In 1994, Mark started his training in American Kenpo Karate under Tim Bullot where he earned his first degree black belt in 1999, and his fifth degree black belt in 2010. In 1996, Mark went after his dream of teaching others the art, and opened his own school.
Nick Reding began training with his brother Mark in American Kenpo Karate in 1996 at the age of 14, and earned his 2nd degree black belt in 2003. Nick also trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Jeet Kune Do under Jack McVicker. He currently has a Phase I Instructorship in JKD, and in 2012 he earned his black belt professorship in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from James Brown. He continues to train with James Brown and Octavio Couto.
We believe that the practice of martial arts should always be functional. Our classes teach both the technical and street sides of combat, with an eye toward real-world self-defense. We train across the arts, utilizing stand-up, ground, armed, and hand-to-hand techniques. We explore personal strengths and weaknesses as we strive to prepare our students for whatever lies ahead.
While physical talent and stamina help, we have found that desire and willpower are the real keys to success. We invite students of all ages and ability levels to join us for a class or private lesson.
- Drills & Skills Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Mon. 6pm-7pm
- Youth Karate: Mon. 7:15-8pm (age 9-12), Tues. 6pm-6:45pm (age 6-8), Thurs. 6pm-6:45pm (all ages)
- After School Kids Program (ages 5-12): Tues. 4:15pm-5pm, Thurs. 4:15pm-5pm
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Tues., Thurs. 10am-11am Tues., Thurs. 7:45pm-8:30pm
- Jeet Kune Do Concepts / Muay Thai: Tues., Thurs. 7pm-7:45pm
- Yoga: Tues. 6pm-7pm
- American Kenpo Karate: Wed. 6pm-7pm, Sat. 11am-12pm
- Kettlebell Class: 7pm-8pm
- Pilates: Thurs. 6pm-7pm, Sat. 9am-10am
- Open Gym / Wrestling: 10am-11am
- CLICK HERE FOR 2012 Schedule of Classes (pdf)